Monument record LWT 170 - Neolithic and Roman features identified at Pakefield Middle and Primary Schools
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 532 899 (127m by 179m)|
|Civil Parish||LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
2010: An archaeological trial trench evaluation revealed a series of features dating to the Neolithic and Roman periods. The Roman features were located in the central and southern area of the site. These features appear to represent activity relating to land sub-division and possible agricultural or livestock management. The Neolithic features were identified in the northern and eastern areas of the site. The Neolithic could relate to an enclosure of some form at the site. A number of the undated features identified at the site could conceivably date to either of these periods, although it is likely that some at of more modern origin and relate to the sites use as an orchard (S1).
- <S1> SSF54427 Unpublished document: Cass S. 2010/028. Archaeological Evaluation Report, Pakefield Middle and Primary Schools, Lowestoft, LWT 169 LWT 170.
- FSF42686: POTTERY (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF42687: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF42688: FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF42689: HANDAXE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF42690: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF42692: POTTERY (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 23 2016 2:07PM