Monument record PTR 025 - Late Bronze Age, Iron Age and Medieval features at Loudham Lane
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 307 538 (156m by 157m)|
|Civil Parish||PETTISTREE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- PIT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DITCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POST HOLE? (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1000 BC to 42 AD)
- PIT (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1000 BC to 42 AD)
- DITCH (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1000 BC to 42 AD)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
The prehistoric evidence comprised of a small number of ditches forming part of a rectilinear field system and a small groups of pits or possible postholes which contained Late Bronze Age or Iron Age pottery. The Medieval activity of the site is represented by a possible post-built building within a rectangular enclosure situated in the angle or two probable trackways, marked by ditches, which met to form a ‘T’ junction. Many of these features contained pottery dating from the 12th and 13th centuries. A small number of Roman and Saxon pottery sherds were also recovered (S1).
- <S1> SSF56149 Unpublished document: Sommers, M. 2007. Archaeological Evaluation Report: Land South East of the General purpose Store, Loudham Lane, Pettistree.
- FSF40519: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF40520: QUERN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF40521: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF40522: POTTERY (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 15 2016 2:52PM