Monument record REY 072 - Neolithic domestic activity, Reydon Farm, Quay Lane
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 487 776 (411m by 345m)|
|Civil Parish||REYDON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
2013-2014: Evaluation and monitoring revealed a total of 26 pits in three locations on the site, many of which contained domestic Early Neolithic material. The pits and their assemblages suggest temporality of settlement, occupation and deposition. A small quantity of Early Neolithic pottery (possibly residual) was recovered from three ditches and a single posthole outside of the main three areas of activity. A large number of ditches were recorded during the course of the evaluation and despite remaining undated, are likely to be agricultural in nature (S1).
- <S1> SSF58414 Unpublished document: Wessex Archaeology. 2014. Post-excavation Assessment and Updated Project Design, Reydon Farm, Quay Lane, Reydon.
- FSF46873: POTTERY (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF46874: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF46875: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF46876: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF46877: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF46878: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF46879: LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF46880: BURNT FLINT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF46881: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 15 2018 11:38AM