Monument record TMX 017 - Monitoring of footing trench. Land adjacent the Bull Inn, Thorpe Morieux
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||THORPE MORIEUX, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (3)
Monitoring of footing trench at land adjacent to the Bull Inn, Thorpe Morieux, produced evidence for a large ditch or pond running close to the present road frontage. Pottery evidence suggested that this had been gradually filled in from the medieval period onwards, and a relatively large quantity of late medieval pottery in both the upper levels of the ditch and a nearby layer may indicate mid to high status occupation on the site in the early post-medieval period (S1).
- <S1> SSF59121 Unpublished document: Anderson, S.. 2003. Archaeological Monitoring Report: Land adjancent the Bull Inn, Thorpe Morieux (TMX 017).
- FSF49054: POTTERY (13th century to 14th century - 1200 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF49055: PEG TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD?)
- FSF49056: TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF49057: FIRED CLAY (Undated)
- FSF49058: HINGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD?)
- FSF49059: FLAKE (Undated)
- FSF49060: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD?)
- FSF49061: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF49062: ANIMAL REMAINS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD?)
- FSF49063: POTTERY (Undated)
- FSF49064: POTTERY (12th century to 13th century - 1100 AD to 1299 AD)
- FSF49065: POTTERY (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF49066: BURNT FLINT (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 17 2019 11:31AM