Monument record KBU 003 - Kettleburgh Bridge (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 264 598 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||KETTLEBURGH, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Early IA sherds, finger tip decoration. 'Cooking holes' filled with black earth. Located at the W end of a sand pit (S1)(S2)(S3).
"TM 2645 5979 - Sherds, tentatively ascribed to the LBA were recovered from a pit at a sand extraction site by S West. The pit was approximately 33cm deep, over 47cm across and filled with black earth". Sherds now in IPSMG (1947-73)(S4)(R2).
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM26SE18.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1928-148, 1928, ? `Home Farm'.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1947-73, 1947.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1948-145, 1948.
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM25NE15, 1977.
- <S5> SSF4871 (No record type): Cunliffe B, `Early pre-Roman IA Communities in Eastern England', Ant J, 48, 1968, 189.
- <S6> SSF12322 (No record type): O'Connor B, `Two Groups of Prehistoric Pottery from Kettleburgh', PSIA, 33, 1975, 231-240.
- <S7> SSF975 (No record type): Balkwill C J, `The IA Assemblages from Darmsden, Hinderclay and Kettleburgh', PSIA, 34, 1979, 209.
- FSF16678: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 25 1995 12:00AM