Find Spot record COR 081 - Medieval and post medieval artefact scatter
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 541 982 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CORTON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1998: A scatter of mostly medieval and post medieval metal artefacts were identified during metal detecting. The scatter includes several buckles, a bronze seal matrix, two 17th century coins and a possible Roman brooch and bronze handle (S1).
- <S1> SSF57112 Finds Report: JAD. 1998. Norfolk Museums Finds Report: Corton (COR 081).
- FSF43756: COIN (17th century - 1625 AD to 1649 AD)
- FSF43757: TOKEN (17th century - 1668 AD to 1668 AD)
- FSF43758: BUCKLE (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF43759: BUCKLE (16th century to 17th century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- FSF43760: BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF43761: SEAL MATRIX (14th century to 15th century - 1300 AD to 1499 AD)
- FSF43762: HANDLE? (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF43763: WEIGHT (Medieval to 17th century - 1066 AD to 1699 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 14 2016 10:08AM