Monument record ARG 071 - Earthworks of World War Two anti-glider ditches west of Thorpness Golf Course
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4595 6037 (288m by 223m)|
|Civil Parish||ALDRINGHAM CUM THORPE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
March 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Earthworks of World War Two anti-glider ditches are visible on aerial photographs (S1-S3) on land to the west of Thorpness Golf Course, Aldringham cum Thorpe.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 6th March 2015.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/106G/UK/462 FP 1070-1071 30-JUN-1945 (EHA Original Print).
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/106G/UK/929 RP 3254-3255 16-OCT-1945 (EHA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/540/1082 V 0007-0008 24-FEB-1953 (EHA Original Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM46SE. Mapping Block 1: Walberswick to Aldeburgh. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 7085) (ESF22910)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2016 11:58AM