Monument record LVM 059 - 16th to 17th century timber framed building at The Garden House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9139 4923 (10m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||LAVENHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
16th to 17th century timber framed building identified during monitoring and a trial trench evaluation at The Garden House. The building appears to have been aligned with the neighbouring property to the west which is also of 16th to 17th century date. There was no evidence of flooring inside the building footprint and substantial build-up of homogenous topsoil may include redeposited soil from the footprint of the modern building. An infilled roadside ditch was also identified. The ditch appears to be of 15th to 16th century in date (S1).
- <S1> SSF56290 Unpublished document: Tester, A. 2012. Archaeological Evaluation and Monitoring Report: The Garden House, Lavenham.
- FSF41764: POTTERY (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF41765: POTTERY (16th century to 18th century - 1500 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF41766: JETTON (15th century to 16th century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF41767: ANIMAL REMAINS (15th century to 18th century - 1400 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF41769: TILE (15th century to 18th century - 1400 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF41770: BRICK (15th century to 18th century - 1400 AD to 1799 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 9 2016 3:16PM