Monument record LVM 113 - Post-medieval pit and ditch, Great House Hotel, Market Place
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9165 4931 (11m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||LAVENHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
2016: Evaluation revealed a 19th century pit and 18th century ditch containing 17th-19th century pottery, CBM, coal, animal bone and glass. A medieval pottery sherd was recovered at a depth of over 1m (S1).
- <S1> SSF58015 Unpublished document: Barlow, G. and Wilson, L.. 2016. An Archaeological Trial Trench Evaluation, Land Adjacent to the Great House Hotel, Market Place, Lavenham.
- FSF45817: POTTERY (17th century to 19th century - 1600 AD to 1899 AD)
- FSF45818: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF45819: BRICK (19th century to 20th century - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- FSF45820: TILE (19th century to 20th century - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- FSF45821: BOTTLE (19th century to 20th century - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- FSF45822: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (19th century to 20th century - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2017 11:29AM