Monument record ADT 107 - Cropmarks of a faint ring ditch of probable Bronze Age date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3350 4282 (19m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ALDERTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- RING DITCH (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- STRUCTURE? (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- STRUCTURE? (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC?)
- ROUND BARROW? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC?)
April 2016. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The faint cropmarks of an incomplete ring ditch are visible on aerial photographs (S1-S2). It is possible that this ring ditch represents the remains of a Bronze Age round barrow, although it is also feasible that it represents a roundhouse or agricultural associated with the surrounding field system and other cropmarks recorded under ADT 099.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 20th April 2016.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 29 2017 3:45PM