Monument record ADT 110 - Cropmarks of a possible ring ditch with an internal bank and/or former circular structure of uncertain date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3386 4217 (18m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||ALDERTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- RING DITCH (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- STRUCTURE? (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC? to 409 AD?)
- STRUCTURE? (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC?)
- ROUND BARROW? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC?)
April 2016. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks of a possible ring ditch with an internal bank and/or former circular structure are visible on aerial photographs (S1). It is possible that this site represents the remains of a Bronze Age round barrow, although it is also feasible that it represents a roundhouse or agricultural associated with the surrounding enclosures and field boundaries recorded under ADT 035.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 20th April 2016.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM 25-MAY-2011 ACCESSED 05-MAR-2016 (Digital).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 29 2016 12:28PM