Monument record ELV 134 - Boundary and enclosure banks, probably of post medieval date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||ELVEDEN, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (8)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PLANTATION BANK? (Unknown date)
- PLANTATION BANK? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
January 2019. 'Brecks from Above' and Breckland National Mapping Programme.
Boundary and enclosure banks and ditches, of known or probable post medieval date, are visible as earthworks on imagery from 2015 lidar survey (S1). Some of the features are depicted on the Ordnance Survey first edition 6 inch map (S2). They may in part be plantation boundaries. Given the recent date of the lidar survey, it is likely that at least some of the earthworks still survive. Aerial photographic images from 2018 (S3), however, indicate that the southern portion of the site has been at least partially built over.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 14th January 2019.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Wangford Forest Research 0.5m DTM 17-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- <S2> SSX55043 Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Map. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map.
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM 03-JUL-2018 ACCESSED 14-JAN-2019 (Digital).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 17 2019 1:07PM