Farmstead record LVH 007 - Farmstead: Rosehill Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9544 3566 (99m by 134m)|
|Civil Parish||LEAVENHEATH, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Rosehill Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular courtyard L-plan. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead sits alongside a public road in a hamlet location. There has been a partial loss of working buildings with the remaining converted for residential use. (S2-5)
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
Visual inspection of the structure was carried out to inform an application for planning permission. The structure consists of a timber-framed single storey stand-alone barn. The barn is split into seven bays which are denoted by cross tie beams at eaves level spanning the width of the building. The roof is pitched cement base profiled sheeting. The barn is generally in good condition (S1).
- <S1> SSF56477 Unpublished document: Stroud, P.. 2011. Barn Report Rosehill Farm Leavenheath.
- <S2> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S5> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 10 2021 10:31AM