Monument record IKL 348 - Probable post medieval boundary bank.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||ICKLINGHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (10)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY BANK? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY DITCH? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
June 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
Sections of a large post medieval boundary bank and ditch can be seen as earthworks on aerial photographs and visualised lidar data (S1-S2). The bank and ditch sections are fragmented and are aligned approximately north east – south west. The southern section of the bank can be seen as a low earthwork in the 1950 (which has since been levelled) with the northern section surviving on recently (2015) visualised lidar data. The bank and ditch most likely relate to a post medieval boundary mapped on the First edition Ordnance Survey map (S3) and is in close proximity to further boundary banks to the east (IKL 356 and 357) and west (IKL 355).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 17th June 2019.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/58/2688 F22 0053-0054 25-JAN-1959 (HEA Original Print).
- <S2> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- <S3> SSX55043 Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Map. First Edition Ordnance Survey map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 11 2020 3:02PM