Farmstead record REY 124 - Farmstead: Reydonhall Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4837 7715 (81m by 97m)|
|Civil Parish||REYDON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- FARMSTEAD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD U PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD H PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD L PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Reydonhall Farm, visible on 1st Ed OS map and 1839 tithe maps. Multiyard farm featuring a regular courtyard, H plan courtyard, and U-plan courtyard, and 2 L-plan courtyards. All working buildings have been lost, with modern working buildings now on site. Farmstead is set to one side of a private track.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 20 2019 9:53AM