Farmstead record LXD 106 - Farmstead: Hulvertree Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3062 6984 (61m by 105m)|
|Civil Parish||LAXFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Hulvertree Farm, Laxfield. 17th century farmstead with 17th century listed farmhouse. Loose courtyard L-plan with buildings to the third side formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Only the farmhouse survives with total loss of traditional buildings. Located within an isolated position (S1-6).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SSF59081 Map: 1840. Laxfield Tithe Map.
- <S6> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 24 2019 11:59AM