Farmstead record ADB 264 - Farmstead: Red House Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4546 5787 (143m by 114m)|
|Civil Parish||ALDEBURGH, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- REGULAR COURTYARD H PLAN (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD U PLAN (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- LINEAR PLAN (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FARMSTEAD (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- BARN (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
Farmstead visible on 1st Ed OS map. A multiyard farmstead with H-plan, U-plan, and linear layouts. The farmstead is set side on to the rest of the farmstead. Now converted into the offices for the Britten-Peers Foundation with the loss of some working buildings and conversion of the remaining buildings. The farmstead is set to the south of a private track.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59146 Map: 1840. Aldeburgh Tithe Map.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 22 2019 3:01PM