Farmstead record BLB 165 - Farmstead: Haw Wood Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4236 7160 (154m by 78m)|
|Civil Parish||BLYTHBURGH, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Haw Wood Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map and the Blythburgh Tithe map. The farm house is listed and dated to the late 17th or early 18th century. The farmstead is laid out in an L-plan with a further smaller L-plan range attached to the primary range. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead is situation alongside a public road and in an isolated position. Only the farmhouse now remains with all working buildings having been lost.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59192 Map: Blythburgh Tithe Map.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 20 2019 2:03PM