Farmstead record BOU 012 - Farmstead: Hall Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2521 5312 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BOULGE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- FARMSTEAD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- COVERED YARD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD E PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD L PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Hall Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map and the Boulge Tithe map. The farmstead features a covered yard and some E-plan elements and an L-plan range. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. Hall Farm is set alongside a public road in an isolated position. The covered yard has been replaced with larger modern buildings with additional modern buildings also on site. The E-plan and L-plan ranges remain intact along with the farmhouse.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59197 Map: Boulge Tithe Map.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2019 8:20AM