Farmstead record BMF 050 - Farmstead: Bunkers Hill Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3904 7281 (79m by 89m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAMFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Bunkers Hill Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map and the Bramfield Tithe map. The farmhouse is listed and dated to the early 17th century. The farmstead is laid out in an L-plan with buildings to the third side and further detached elements. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead is set alongside a public road in an isolated position. The farmhouse has survived intact though the working buildings have been converted to residential use.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59198 Map: Bramfield Tithe Map.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 27 2019 10:03AM