Farmstead record EXG 145 - Farmstead: Burnt Farm/Regal House (Unknown/Regall House)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6182 6579 (84m by 99m)|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Burnt Farm/Regal House (Unknown/Regall House), Exning. 19th century farmstead. Regular courtyard 3-sided plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Total loss of the traditional farm building and farmhouse. Located within an village location (S1-5).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S2> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S5> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S6> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 26 2019 1:43PM