Find Spot record OKY 006 - Woodlands, Oakley, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 171 778 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BROME AND OAKLEY, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1974? Mesolithic flint graver found in sand mole-hill near Red Bridge on top of a molehill of clean sand. Length 8.5cm. Now in Ipswich Museum (S1-S3)
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1974-82.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM17NE17.
- <S3> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 908.
- <S4> SSF56003 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1974. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1974. XXXIII.2, pp. 212–224..
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 17 2021 9:21AM