Farmstead record PRH 050 - Farmstead: Oak Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3150 6296 (101m by 98m)|
|Civil Parish||PARHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Oak Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular E-plan with the farmhouse detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
According to the owner (c.2021) (except two, by the late 19th) no historic farm buildings have been replaced by modern sheds, the buildings have been preserved in the 20th and 21st centuries without conversion. This includes a Tudor? Threshing Barn., (S1-S5)
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SSF60027 Personal Correspondence: Briscoe, B. 2021. Email.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 17 2021 3:25PM