Monument record PSM 004 - Pottery scatter. (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9318 4985 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||PRESTON ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large group of coarse wares, C12-C13?, one glazed sherd (S1). Coarse wares including circa 8 rim sherds ? C13-C14 (S2).
Possibly Rom sherd and coin.
1991: TL 9317 4989 cut halfpenny and two farthings of Henry III, long cross type (S3).
Also two lead seal matrices, one blank.
1993: Silver halfpenny, short-cross type, Henry II - John, C12-C13 (S4).
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1975.36 (material via P Noman and Reading Museum), 1975.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds reports.
- <S2> SSF22140 (No record type): Thorpe A, 1987.
- <S3> SSF21344 (No record type): Smith A, Hinderclay, 1991.
- <S4> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. SAU, Plouviez J, finds report, 1993.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 9 1995 12:00AM