Farmstead record BUR 057 - Farmstead: Glebe Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0894 7546 (148m by 137m)|
|Civil Parish||BURGATE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Glebe Farm, Brundish. 19th century farmstead and 16th century farmhouse. Dispersed cluster plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Only the farmhouse survives. Located within an isolated position (S1-6).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S6> SSF59459 Map: 1838. Burgate Tithe Map.
- <S6> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 20 2020 11:55AM