Poorly Located Find Spot record KTD 036 - Kentford (also Kennett?) General, (Palaeolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 7090 6670 (point)|
|Civil Parish||KENTFORD, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1968? From pits in the area of Kennett and Kentford (also Suffolk) but with no specific provenances, possibly KTD 006. Roe lists material in 11 museums, (S1-S3).
- <S1> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22509.
- <S2> SSF10626 Source Unchecked: Luton Museum?. 1991. Luton Museum (Holgate R), letter & artefact list, December 1991.
- <S3> SSF17674 Bibliographic reference: Roe, Derek.. 1968. A Gazetteer of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites.
- FSF50636: HANDAXE (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF50637: ROUGHOUT (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF50638: FLAKE (Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50639: RETOUCHED FLAKE (Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50640: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50641: LEVALLOIS FLAKE (Early Middle Palaeolithic - 323000 BC? to 178000 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 16 2020 2:17PM