Farmstead record SNN 052 - Farmstead: Coldham Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8645 5580 (214m by 205m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADFIELD COMBUST WITH STANNINGFIELD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Coldham Hall is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular courtyard full-plan with additional detached elements. The farmhouse is attached to the agricultural range. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location. There has been a partial loss of working buildings with the ermaining covnerted for residential use. There are large modern sheds on the side. (S1-4)
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S2> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- Listed Building (I) 404618: COLDHAM HALL
- Listed Building (II) 404620: STABLE AND COACH HOUSE BLOCK, 80 METRES EAST OF COLDHAM HALL
- Listed Building (II) 404621: OUTBUILDING WITH BELL TURRET, 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF COLDHAM HALL
- Listed Building (II*) 404619: FORMER ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL, 5 METRES EAST OF COLDHAM HALL
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 5 2020 8:14AM