Find Spot record MNL 001 - Three Hills, Warren Hill, Mildenhall, (Mesolithic-Iron Age)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7438 7447 (741m by 927m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1893: Mesolithic assemblage, including microliths, blades, flakes and scrapers, (S1)
2013: Flakes found whilst metal detecting, (S2)
- <S1> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11636, 11674.
- <S2> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. SF-736AA7.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF51713: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51714: FLAKE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51715: CONVEX END SCRAPER (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51716: OBLIQUELY BLUNTED/PARTIALLY BACKED MICROLITH (Early Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 8000 BC)
- FSF51890: FLAKE (Star Carr Type Mesolithic to Late Iron Age - 9000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (4)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Intervention: Excavation? Three Hills, Warren Hill, Mildenhall, (ESF28148)
- Event - Intervention: Metal Detecting Use, Three Hills, Warren Hill, Mildenhall, (ESF28233)
- Event - Survey: Monitoring & Fieldwalking - Warren Hills, Mildenhall (Ref: OASIS-heatherw1-509366) (ESF28970)
Record last edited
Sep 16 2022 10:12AM