Find Spot record IPS 035 - Grimwood's Pit, Ipswich, (IAS 8001).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1529 4586 (142m by 237m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1900: Beaker and sherd, found in Grimwood's Pit, 1900, (S1, S2).
"Romano British finds". Listed by C W Phillips, referenced to VCH, Suffolk, 1, 311, presumably to "pottery has been found in the brickfields on the Norwich Road". ? Grimwood's Pit, (S3).
See also (S4, S5).
- --- SSF57698 Unpublished document: IPSMG. Ipswich Museum Extension Books.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1923-32, 1923-33.
- <S2> SSF3594 (No record type): Clarke D, Beaker pottery, 1970, 497, corpus number 9092F, E.
- <S3> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 311.
- <S4> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 8001.
- <S5> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 8001.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 5 2021 11:46AM