Find Spot record IPS 081 - Chantry Community Centre, Ipswich, (IAS 9406).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 140 430 (143m by 113m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1966: Socketed spearhead, found near Chantry Community Centre.
Two Ipswich Museum cards, one (1966) giving size 8 inches long, tip missing; other (1969) 7 inches long, tip missing. Probably same object, taken in for identification twice, (S1-S3).
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, cards, drawing.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 9406.
- <S3> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 9406.
- <S4> SSF55956 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1967.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 7 2021 11:35AM