Monument record SEN 052 - All Saints' Common, South Elmham

Please read our .

Summary

Large green called All Saints' Common.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 329 830 (3071m by 1871m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM38SW
Civil Parish ALL SAINTS AND ST NICHOLAS, SOUTH ELMHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Large green called All Saints' Common. Shown on Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk, 1783 (S1). As shown on the OS 1:10560 and 1:10000 there is a linear extension of the green which joins the main part to Margaret's Green in South Elmham St Margaret. This extension has the appearance of a wide drove-road (S2).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <M1> Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP LG 12.
  • <S1> (No record type): Hodskinson J, Map of Suffolk, 1783 (Suffolk Record Society 1972)..
  • <S2> Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP LG 12, 1953.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Dec 7 2020 3:48PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.