Monument record TUL 003 - Near The Street, Little Thurlow
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6758 5055 (178m by 127m)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE THURLOW, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Bronze palstave, no loop (S1,S5). Grid reference in (S1,S3) & on (S2) cited as TL 676 505, however, findspot marked with dot at TL 6761 5054 on Moyses Hall Museum map by Edwardson (S2). Within Roman scatter. Possibly redeposited? Note another (?or same) is marked by Edwardson on adjoining map to South at TL6707 5006 - see TUG 005. Rowlands class 1, group 3, 15.4cm x 6.7cm (S4).
- <S1> SSF56034 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1959. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1959. XXVIII.2, pp. 161–167..
- <S2> SSF2534 Cartographic materials: Edwardson A R. BSEMH, 6 inch correspondents record map, LXI NE, A R Edwardson entry, circa 1959. BSEMH, 6 inch correspondents record map, LXI NE, A R Edwardson entry, circa 1959.
- <S3> SSF5644 Bibliographic reference: Edwardson A R. 1968. Bronze Age Metalwork in Moyses Hall Museum. Edwardson A R, BA Metalwork in Moyses Hall Museum, 1968, plate 1.
- <S4> SSF17816 Bibliographic reference: Rowlands M J. 1976. The Organisation of Middle Bronze Age Metalworking. number 940.
- <S5> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL65SE10.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 8 2020 11:37AM