Monument record WIX 001 - Water Hall Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7094 4314 (59m by 59m)|
|Civil Parish||WIXOE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Building scatter: tile, mortar, flint and few fragments samian. Small excavation (by who and when?) at grid reference revealed traces of flint and mortar foundations at depth of 18 inches. Cambridge University Museum card index lists sherds of Samian & coarseware, one labelled "Wixoe Villa" (S1).
Cropmark of ? villa (S2).
Ivory gaming piece (? date) and brooch fragment with millefiori enamel, found metal detecting at approximately (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
2005:Geophysical survey identified linear and discrete anomilies (S3)
Part of a larger complex - see WIX 003.
- <R1> SSF2524 (No record type): BSEMH, 1985.66A; 1985.85A.
- <S1> SSF3075 (No record type): Cambridge University Museum, card index, Z24769.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BYZ 75.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BYZ 75, 1976.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL74SW19.
- <S3> SSF54550 Unpublished document: Bunn, D. and Masters, P.. 2005. Gradiometer survey of Land at Wixoe, Suffolk.
- <R3> SSF9995 (No record type): J Roman Stud, 1977, 159.
- <R4> SSF9998 (No record type): J Roman Stud, 43, 1953, 94(?).
- <R5> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 27, 1955, 46.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 28 2012 2:06PM