Monument record RLM 011 - Middle and Late Saxon features at Naunton Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3248 5333 (28m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||RENDLESHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
An area of 300 square metres excavated prior to development; features included two MSax ditches & a LSax ditch & pit. The area had previously been fieldwalked (RLM 012). Archive in BSE store.
Also Med features (S1 S2).
2008: An assessment of aerial photographs identified parts of two ditched enclosures. (S3)
- <M1> SSF45419 (No record type): Records in SAU Bury.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff 1982, PSIA, 35, 1983, (3), 235.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA/1982/35/235.
- <S2> SSF53792 Unpublished document: Plouviez J. 2009. Archaeological Survey Report, Naunton Hall, Rendlesham, RLM 011, 012, 013, 014, 036.
- <S3> SSF60734 Unpublished document: Palmer, R.. 2008. Aerial Photographic Assessment: Land at Rendlesham, Area centred TM324530.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Nov 7 2022 2:55PM