Monument record BSE 007 - Hardwick Lane
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8524 6295 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Three male skeletons. Iron split socketed spearhead, tanged knife (6" long), shield boss. Found during building operations - 'Three male skeleton broken up by building trenches lying in graves approximately 2ft deep in gravel. No special orientation and casual hurried interments lying at full length' (S1)(R1)(R2).
- <M1> SSF43395 (No record type): SAU: One box shield boss fragments, marked by SEW as "probably Barons Road"..
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL86SE11, 1958.
- <R1> SSF5664 (No record type): Edwardson A R, letter to Miss A L Savill, November 1958.
- <R2> SSF11113 (No record type): Meaney, A.. 1964. A Gazetteer of Early Anglo-Saxon Burial Sites. Meaney A, Gazeteer of Early AS Burial Sites, 1964, 226.
- <M2> SSF43396 (No record type): Conservation pre 1974: graphite blackened consistent with.
- <S2> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <M3> SSF43397 (No record type): Moyses Hall 1950-1970.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 10 2021 9:52AM