Monument record PKM 018 - North of Barton Mere, Pakenham, (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9114 6716 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||PAKENHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1976: Flint scatter, found in fieldwalking North of Barton Mere:- 63 waste flakes, 76 reworked flakes (?some accidental), 1 large core (Neolithic?), 2 small cores (Mesolithic?), 1 fragment of core, 1 sharpening flake from a tranchet tool (Mesolithic), 3 scrapers (2 Neolithic + 1 Bronze Age), (S1-S3)
- <S1> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1133.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL96NW25.
- <S3> SSF56372 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1977. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1976.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF1264: FLAKE (Star Carr Type Mesolithic to Early Bronze Age - 9000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF18109: RETOUCHED FLAKE (Star Carr Type Mesolithic to Early Bronze Age - 9000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF51046: CORE (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF51047: AXE TRIMMING FLAKE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51048: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF51049: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 31 2021 9:17AM