Monument record WSF 016 - Pits (Petts) Hill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 004 742 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WATTISFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small, circular lead weight with hole in centre found on Petts Hill field (same find as WSF 036 according to Basil Brown) by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Basil Brown says the weight may be Rom or Sax (S1)(S2)(S3)(S4).
Sketch on card 429 (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, card index 429, 435.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: card index.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card.
- <S3> SSF20926 (No record type): SAU, West S E, SMR card.
- <S4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 30, 1965, (2), 196.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF1754: WEIGHT (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 27 2021 11:12AM