Find Spot record RGV 001 - Ivyhouse Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 032 785 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||REDGRAVE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Cordoned black ware Belgic pot, complete, found in material excavated from ditch on the Ivyhouse Farm, part of the Redgrave Estate. Basil Brown thought C1 - the pot taken to the BM in August 1969 for identification by Mrs Wilson, possibly Mrs J Holt Wilson.
The pot was taken to Wattisfield Potteries to be copied (S1,S2,S3).
Grid reference taken from IPSMG card but Basil Brown states the site to be SE of RGV 002 (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s), which makes a more likely location in area (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s), since he also says "the site is near Moneypot Hill, Redgrave" (S1). However Mr Holt-Wilson has been given the impression that the ditch findspot is most likely (S4).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, card index 248.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: card index.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM07NW58.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1969.
- <S4> SSF7616 (No record type): Holt-Wilson T D, May 1990.
- <S5> SSF56380 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1970. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1970.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 26 2021 11:09AM