Monument record TAT 001 - Site of chapel - mentioned C15-C16 (S1)(R1). (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1458 3769 (230m by 191m)|
|Civil Parish||TATTINGSTONE, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Site of chapel - mentioned C15-C16 (S1)(R1). Located at TM 1456 3774 and TM 1456 3773 by OS (S1) and to TM 1456 3775 on original HER card compiled by SEW. Field named Little Chapel field, adjoining Great Chapel field on Tithe Map (S4).
Sherds, glazed floor tile fragment and fragment of lava quern found in restricted area around chapel site in 1969 (S1)(S2).
Also Sax and Un.
- <R1> SSF10302 (No record type): Kirby, J.. Kirby J, Suffolk Traveller, 1764, 69.
- <M1> SSF38386 (No record type): APs: ANN 04, 05.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM13NW3.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 970-26, 1970.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy tithe map.
- <S3> SSF18897 (No record type): SAU, APs ANN 04, 05.
- <S4> SSF22183 Map: 1839. Tattingstone Tithe Map. Tithe Map for Tattingstone.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S6> SSF55956 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1967.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 4 2021 2:21PM