Monument record IPS 195 - 23 Westgate Street, Ipswich, (IAS 1802).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1612 4465 (33m by 71m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Thetford and Ipswich ware, including lamp, recovered from building site. Unidentified bones and 13th century pottery were also recovered. (S1-S5).
- <S1> SSF56955 Source Unchecked: Newman J. 1987. SAU (Newman J), 1987.
- <S2> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 1802.
- <S3> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 1802.
- <S4> SSF56006 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1961. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1961. XXIX.1, pp. 91–102..
- <S5> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 961-153, 961-154, 961-149.
- FSF2308: POTTERY (13th century - 1200 AD? to 1299 AD?)
- FSF2371: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF2372: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon - 650 AD to 849 AD)
- FSF2373: LAMP (Late Saxon - 850 AD to 1065 AD)
- FSF39834: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2017 1:32PM