Monument record MDS 077 - Home Field (Tithe Map) OS 6
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1178 6612 (75m by 67m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MENDLESHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Moat, probably rectangular, filled in, two ponds surviving. Unoccupied, isolated, on parish boundary (S3).
Med scatter found by R Colchester during fieldwalking survey. Finds consisted of one C13 sherd, one C13/C14 sherd and ten Med sherds (S1) (S2).
- <M1> SSF35836 (No record type): Mendlesham survey archive : copy (S1) (S2).
- <S1> SSF3942 (No record type): Colchester R, Mendlesham survey record sheet, site 77, 1973.
- <S2> SSF3851 Unpublished document: Colchester R. c. 1977. A landscape history of the parish of Mendlesham.
- <M2> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. AP : SAU ADF 30, 31.
- <S3> SSF18629 (No record type): SAU, AP, ADF 30, 31.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 25 2012 9:41AM