Monument record PKM 005 - Roman Camp N of Pakenham windmill (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 932 698 (220m by 204m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||PAKENHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Roman Camp N of Pakenham windmill (S2).
A few shallow IA features found with a scatter of hand made flint gritted pottery during excavation of mainly Rom site in advance of by-pass construction. Coins also found, probably relate to earliest Rom phase; no indications of continuity of settlement within excavated area. All Iceni types - 7 Pattern-Horse (3 inscribed ANTED types), 3 Face-Horse, one Boar- Horse (S1).
Also Sax, Neo & Rom.
- <S1> SSF20424 (No record type): SAU, Plouviez J, 1985.
- <M1> SSF38706 (No record type): Excavation archive: plans, drawings.
- <M2> SSF38707 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S3> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 36 (2) 1986 p153.
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 27 2020 9:54PM