Monument record LKH 059 - Rightup Drove (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7161 8618 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`TL 7161 8619. Over 20 beaker sherds, over 40 rusticated sherds, one leaf- shaped and one barbed and tanged arrowhead, one rechipped, and one fragment of a knife and numerous scrapers were found on the surface of ploughed soil at Rightup Drove' (S1)(R1)(R2). `On sand island' (S2)(S3). Cited as TL 715 861 in (S2)(S3).
Clarkes corpus number 924F (S4).
Further information in G Briscoe archive?
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <R1> SSF11249 (No record type): MIHLM, 6 inch record map, Lady G Briscoe, June 1960 entry.
- <M1> SSF36503 (No record type): G Briscoe archive:.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL78NW18.
- <R2> SSF1490 (No record type): Briscoe Lady G, `BA Pottery & Flints from Joist Fen, Lakenheath', PCAS, 56-7, 1964, 4.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1960, PSIA, 28, 1960, (3), 293.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Lakenheath Right-up Drove Beaker, 1960.
- <S4> SSF3567 (No record type): Clarke D L, Beaker Pottery of GB & Ireland, 2, 1970, 498.
- FSF4108: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF4109: BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF4110: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC? to 409 AD?)
- FSF52304: KNIFE (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF52305: POTTERY (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 2 2021 11:33AM