Find Spot record BTY 001 - Rookery Farm, Bentley, (Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 125 373 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BENTLEY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1961: One tranchet axe (S1-S3). Described as Neolithic chipped flint axe, donated by J Southgate in (S2).
- <S1> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 254.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 961.76, 1961.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11333.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 889.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 4 2021 2:38PM