Monument record REY 084 - Cropmarks of undated linear and curvilinear ditches
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5057 7855 (538m by 261m)|
|Civil Parish||REYDON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
March 2014. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
One fragmentary linear ditch and several fragments of curvilinear ditches are visible on aerial photographs (S1-S3) to the west of Lowestoft Road, Reydon. The linear ditch to the west is visible as a soilmark (S1) and a grassmark (S3), while those to the east are visible as cropmarks (S2).
The ditches are fragmentary, and visible within an area of geological patterning, thus it is difficult to be certain that they represent archaeological activity.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 27th March 2014.
- <S1> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/58/1674 F21 0260-0261 04-MAR-1955 (EHA) X-JUN-1999.
- <S2> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. OS/81028 V 038-039 22-JUN-1981 (EHA).
- <S3> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM 21-MAY-2011 ACCESSED 27-MAR-2014.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM47NE. AONB Study Area. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Lothingland, Greater Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 6642) (ESX22033)
Record last edited
Sep 25 2014 9:28AM