Monument record KSS 008 - Cropmarks of post medieval pond
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5268 8582 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||KESSINGLAND, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Ring ditch on SAU AP, 1975 (S1).
A pond, recorded on the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 25" map, but now ploughed out.(S2)
June 2014. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
The cropmark of a former pond as described above is visible on aerial photographs (S3). This was not thought to be archaeological in nature, and has not been mapped.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 12th June 2014.
- <S1> SSF18704 (No record type): SAU, APs ACU 10-11, 1975.
- <M1> SSF38041 (No record type): APs: ACU 10-11.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. SFU 11550/10-11 25-JUL-1975 (EHA).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Interpretation: Norfolk/Suffolk Rapid Coastal Assessment Project NMP (EXS18032)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM48NE/58NW. AONB Study Area. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Lothingland, Greater Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 6642) (ESX22036)
Record last edited
Jun 25 2014 1:09PM