Monument record COV 006 - Possible rectilinear enclosures and linear features, visible as cropmarks, probably a field system.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 521 815 (707m by 555m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||COVEHITHE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Double rectangular enclosure/field system noted on APs (S1)(S2).
The cropmarks (visible southwest of Covehithe) are somewhat fragmentary, but seem to comprise possibly two adjoining rectilinear enclosures at TM 523814 with a smaller rectilinear enclosure attached to the north.. Other linear features at TM 521816 may form part of this complex. However, they do parallel the cropmarks of a field boundary recorded in 1817 and so may relate to this instead. Other features are visible and are recorded separately. (S3-4)
- <S1> SSF18328 (No record type): SAU, AP ACU 8-9, 25/7/1976.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: ACU 8-9; CUCAP BTC 072.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BTC 072.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. TM 5281/1/327, 329.
- <S4> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph. ACU 8-9.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 21 2004 4:59PM