Monument record IPS 928 - Greenwich Farm, Ipswich.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 17 42 (65m by 90m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1919: Excavation at Greenwich Farm by J Reid Moir in 1919. Finds probably `eolithic', not palaeolithic? Archive details in Ipswich Museum. Moir (1930) describes a fine flat-butted cordate hand-axe and an elegant end-scraper, found in a brick yard near Greenwich farm and adjoining the oil Depot (S1-S6).
- --- SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22754?.
- <S1> SSF56334 Article in serial: Moir J R. 1930. Ancient Man in the Gipping—Orwell Valley, Suffolk.
- <S2> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. Pg. 224.
- <S3> SSF56333 Unpublished document: Cutler, Hannah. 2013. Understanding Late Middle Palaeolithic Neandertal Landscape-use during Short-Term Occupations in Britain.
- <S4> SSF7750 Unpublished document: Moir J R. Notebooks. IPSMG (Moir J R), notebooks.
- <S5> SSF3137 Index: Carr J. 1989. Carr J (RCHME), Draft Excavation Index, 1989.
- <S7> SSF56333 Unpublished document: Cutler, Hannah. 2013. Understanding Late Middle Palaeolithic Neandertal Landscape-use during Short-Term Occupations in Britain.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 9 2020 12:01PM