Monument record CAC 017 - Carlton Park; Areas 1 & 2 (Preh)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 507 906 (441m by 247m)|
|Civil Parish||CARLTON COLVILLE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Aug 1998: evaluation of site (for Med see SF18676) revealed spread of prehistoric features and finds along northern part of this field and field to E (the whole prehistoric area is depicted in HBSMR mapping - see CAC 018 for field to E); followed desk based assessment (S1)(S2)(S4).
Feb-Aug 1999: Excavations in two small separate areas (CAC 017) in 1999 (to west of area of identified prehistory; also see CAC 020 to E of area) revealed small amounts of Preh pottery and flintwork and 6 Preh features. Details in (S1). Also numerous undated pits and postholes and hearths, probably Prehistoric.
- <S1> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SCCAS, Newman J, Report 98/63, August 1998.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S2> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. SCCAS, Newman J, Initial Summary (CAC 017), August 1998.
- <S3> SSF50028 Excavation archive: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Excavation Report. Excavation Report No 2001/24.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 39 (3), p.369-370.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 26 2013 4:08PM