Monument record LCS 067 - Cropmarks of uncertain archaeological significance
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 45896 63192 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LEISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Causewayed ring ditch, approximately 30m in diameter + other cropmarks, possibly tracks. Visible on APs (S1)(R1)(R2).
March 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks of a causewayed ring ditch, described above, which were recorded from aerial photographs (S2), are of doubtful archaeological origin. A natural and/or recent agricultural origin is more likely. The additional cropmarks referred to, possibly tracks, have not been identified on the consulted aerial photographs.
S. Tremlett (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 26th March 2015.
- <R1> SSF50071 Photograph: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Air Photograph.
- <S1> SSF54456 Unpublished document: Richmond, A.. 1994. Evaluation Report, Sizewell C. Figures 4 & 5.
- <R2> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. RCHME.
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service Airmap71 45 45713089-45713090 11-APR-1971 (Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation (Ref: ) (ESF18402)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Interpretation: TM46SE. Mapping Block 1: Walberswick to Aldeburgh. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 7085) (ESF22910)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2016 11:47AM